Sunday, January 3, 2010

my love letter

I am writing this letter so that you'll know, incase I hadn't sent enough smoke signals to alert the world. I want you to know all the things I cannot tell you in person. I want to free all the feelings I cannot show you in any way aside from my written words. I am writing because you free me inside, you free me to be what I am, nothing held back, and no matter who that is at the end of the day, you'll still kiss me goodnight.

cos i love the way you say good morning

I am writing because you're the first and last thing I think of, and even though those thoughts aren't always happy, they give me chills. I want you to know that you still give me butterflies. I want to show you how much space you occupy in my mind. I am writing because you inspire me to write. I am writing because otherwise I'd be overflowing with feelings and I'd hate for you to have to clean that up.

cos i love the way you call me baby

I am writing because you're an excellent distraction. I want you to know that even when you aren't here, you really are. I want to show you how many lonely nights you've brought me through, how many sad moments you've dragged me out of. I am writing because doing anything else would be pointless- I have only enough dedication in me to write this to you.

cos i love you more than i could ever promise

I am writing this letter so that you'll know, incase you hadn't seen the other 76 letters, how much I adore you. I want you to know how much I appreciate the lessons we've learned, the trouble we've faced, the smiles we've shared. I want to show you how far you've brought me. I want you to see how much you've changed me, for the better. I am writing because you have reminded me what it's like to live, what it's like to be me. I am writing because you gave me a reason to sing again.

and you take me the way i am
L

*lyrics from Ingrid Michaelson's The Way I Am


No comments:

Post a Comment