Wednesday, January 13, 2010

someone else's words

I was going to post tonight referencing the songs swirling in my head, but there were too many. Instead, I referenced every song swirling in my head and built them into a lyrical story. I think they paint the same picture I might, just with a different flair and some technical constraints.

Before someone notices and makes fun of me, I have a confession. Yes, every line used in this verbal montage is from an O-Town song. I am not ashamed. These lyrics serve their purpose, and these songs have held their spot in my heart (and cd player) since their inception.

**
You and I - we're out here looking for the same thing
Waiting for someone to share this feeling
And just one look was all it took
Cos no one else compares to you
I've got this craving-
To lose myself in you when we're standing in the rain
To keeping you awake through the night
Wanna make my dreams come true?
If you could ever understand what you put me through
No stopping till the breaking of the dawn
And when the morning comes
Baby I can't stop my mind from slipping
And you're the one I blame for making me go missing
The things that you do won't leave my mind soon
Night and day and night
I would risk it all and give it all to you
Cos when you're here with me, you make me feel complete-
We fit together-
More than I ever thought I could be
And suddenly we've got nothing to say
But the words get in the way
Every minute's like a thousand years since you were lying here
My hands may as well be tied cos they just can't touch you
I'm in pieces and bits, but that's nothing you can't fix
Cos, baby, you're still my addiction
I feel like a drowning man who's still begging God for rain
The more I try to forget I remember
The radio's playing loud but it's not our song
I knock four times and pretend you're not at home
It's catching up to me right now
I was trying to give us time
And if you call that love, love should be a crime
I'm standing here all alone wishing that I could've known
You just can't walk away from the damage
Baby- won't you save me?
Got this craving for you.
**

There are random lines from random songs in random orders, so I'd have a mess of a time trying to attribute every line to a song in order. Suffice it to say around 20 of O-Towns 30 songs went into this cluster.
And I feel better!
L

No comments:

Post a Comment