Thursday, January 21, 2010

tease

There is something about knowing I can't have you.
Tease.
You show up to the bar, where I've told you I am, to drink and dance. Drink. And dance. With me. You hold my hand, you kiss my forehead (which is a whole different story), and you buy me a drink in the cutest way possible... and then you leave. Like nothing ever happened. Like you were never there. Just enough.
Tease.
I'm disappointed. Not in you... more in me. I've been kidding around with another tease for months. He loves me, he loves me not. You know the drill. It's yours. Hell, it's mine. And it's never ending. When will you stop being unattainable?
Tease.
I think you could save me. You may, quite possibly, be the one person on this planet who could pull me out of this love-sick hole I've dug myself. You could. maybe, break the adhesive on this attachment I have for someone else. You will, I'm certain, make me work for it. And just so you know, I'm not terribly busy. You act like you aren't paying attention, but I am.
Tease.
But I still called him tonight. I still texted him on my way home. I still asked him to come over so that I won't have to sleep alone. You don't know, and you don't need to. You aren't mine, and I'm not yours. Physically or emotionally. And neither is he.
And to both of you, neither am I.
Ha. Tease.
L


No comments:

Post a Comment