Thursday, December 31, 2009

no new nothing

This is cliche, but it must happen. Brace yourself for the review of 2009.

January: I don't remember anything super special.
February: Here either.
March: J and I broke up. R and I went to spring training.
April: Lots of crying.
May: More crying, also drinking.
June: Lived at home for 2 weeks. Started dating.
July: C and I became a couple.
August: C and I aren't a couple anymore.
September: I want to rock and roll all night, and part of everyday.
October: I don't remember anything super special.
November: Here either.
December: Same as the last 4 months.

Little heartbreak, little happiness, stir together with a shot of tequila, and we'll call it 2009.

I'm not staying up until midnight to say hello to 2010. I'm not staying up to say goodbye to 2009. I'm staying up because I do it every night, and the only difference in tonight is that tomorrow I need to put up new calendars.

No resolutions. No promises to get healthier, save money, work harder, treat myself better, be a better someone. In 22 minutes nothing is going to change! I won't be a different person, and neither will anyone else. The magic of 'new years' isn't enchanting me this year. This is the first year this decade that I have no one to kiss at midnight. Seems a fitting end.
Yea, I guess I'm a little bitter tonight. What better way to sum up the year?

I don't need an excuse like tonight to drink champagne. I'll save it for a night when I'm happy to celebrate tomorrow. A new beginning happens when I say it does, not when I change the calendars.

Cheers.
L

1 comment:

  1. Same here - up this late every night. No Champagne either, but I can still party like it's 2009...

    ReplyDelete