Sunday, August 9, 2009

craving

I can't even find lyrics to fit what I am feeling tonight.
I am overwhelmed.

I am not alone. I have choices. There isn't just one guy at my disposal tonight, there are a few. And who do I come home with? A girl. My friend who was too drunk to handle the remainder of the night. She is who I will share my bed with. Actually, I'm happy it's her.

But still, while I recount the night, count the drinks, count the guys, my mind gets stuck on him. HIM. The one guy I cannot have is the one guy, of course, who I cannot stop my mind from obsessing over. Why doesn't he want me. Why doesn't he call me. Why doesn't he seem to need me as badly as I crave him. I can't fight it. I can't fight myself.
What a horrible mess I'm in.
Fortunately, this mess is all in my mind. As soon as I learn to ignore it, it'll disappear.
...
So...
How long till I learn to ignore it...
L

1 comment:

  1. I dunno, but I do know you're a pretty smart cookie. My guess... not very long.

    ReplyDelete