Monday, November 23, 2009

the pillow

I stopped smelling the pillow. I do still switch the pillows after he sleeps over so that I get to sleep on the one he had the night before, but I don't purposely smell the pillow anymore.
Hold your applause.
The pillow habit has been broken for a while now. I haven't even wanted the smell. But yesterday I entered a new phase: the sweatshirt phase.
This is why I told you to hold that applause.
The sweatshirt phase may, in fact, be a step backward. But it is such a cozy step! Instead of jonesing for a smell on a pillow, I am surrounded by smell. I can even put the hood up and sleep in smell. I don't need the silly pillow that only exists on my bed, I have sweatshirt which surrounds me entirely whenever and wherever I choose!
I'm concerned that eventually he'll want it back.... but until then, I'll be cozy, warm, and smiling.
This piece of fuzzy fabric makes me feel butterflies.
L

3 comments:

  1. i'm completely guilty of The Sweatshirt. i get you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you should've seen me after the new year's aka the beginning of me and dom. his smell got transferred onto my sweatshirt. i didnt take that thing off for a week until the smell faded.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're weird. Cute, but weird ;)

    Word verification: sesseses

    That's a lot of Es and Ss...

    ReplyDelete