Tuesday, June 23, 2009

time for a change

brown hair. blue eyes. older. career oriented.
ex. 

I obviously have a type. The type is not working for me. My dad, smart man that he is, suggests that I date people with my hair color. Apparently matching hair is the key to relational success. Its a nice idea? But it's been a while since I've met a blonde guy without the word 'Player' written across his head or the phrase "'scuse me bro" coming out of his mouth. I'll pass.  
How about eyes? I don't generally notice eye color right off the bat, but maybe I'm drawn to blue eyes because daddy has blue eyes. Don't girls subconsciously attract to guys who remind them of their dads? My subconscious likes blue eyes. I can change that. The next one won't have blue eyes. 
They don't get much younger than me without coming with a statutory rape warning. And I've known since 4th grade that guys mature 4 years slower than girls mentally. (Is that a true statistic? Or at some point does it even out? Regardless.) Thats why I date UP. I don't think I need to change that one. If he is older, I'll always be younger. I just like the prospects. 
I don't necessarily want to be featured on the next "Real Housewives of _____" series, but I wouldn't mind being taken care of. Sounds like a pretty posh arrangement to me. How does a girl get herself taken care of? Marry a guy with a serious job. A serious job with serious money and a serious future. Doesn't that mean that now, in his 20s, he'd need to be pretty career oriented? I vote yes. But, this one has a crossroads. I wouldn't ever be happy as just a housewife. I need a job. I need a career. I need to do something I love doing. So.. am I the one doing the care-taking? Alright. I can get rid of career oriented, but the kid better still have a job. I am not going to be Britney to anyone's Kevin. 

Brown hair. Brown eyes. Older. Life oriented. 

Enough of a shift? 

Brown hair. Brown eyes. Younger. Life oriented. 

Hope so. Fingers crossed. 

6 comments:

  1. I think you can go flexible with the hair and eye color. Just don't go for a guy who could pass as an ex's twin. That's creepy.

    Aaaaand instead of career-oriented, how about goal-oriented? They can be successful. Those can be broad terms if looked at the right way. You can find a guy goal-oriented who is successful that is very different from ex's.

    Personally, I agree on the being taken care of. But in my eyes I want a husband successful enough to support us both so that if needed I could stay with the kids but most importantly, so that I have the freedom to do whatever job I want and not be afraid of being able to put food on the table. That gives me the flexibility and the opportunity to work my passion rather than just a 9-5.

    I like life-oriented though.

    I think you'll be ok.

    ReplyDelete
  2. if i did not think too much, there would be nothing to write :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think i like matching hair colors. but my mom and dad don't have them, so maybe it's not required. my beau and i have matching hair and eyes though.. and i like him a lot. AND he's younger and motivated / life -oriented.

    i think mostly, he needs to be *just enough YOU-oriented*.

    ReplyDelete