Saturday, June 19, 2010

if only

All it takes is 5 minutes.

So many days I have an aching feeling all over my body. It manifests mostly in my shoulders, and some days burns into my lower back. It stings when I first wake up and turns into a dull ache that lasts most of the day. The days I wake up without the pain are the days I wake up next to C.

Turns out I don't even need to be next to him. He's 3 hours away tonight, but a quick text message has already lifted so much of the pressure I'd anticipated waking up to tomorrow.

Just 5 minutes, and an unlimited texting plan, and everyone wakes up happy.

If only it were always so simple.
L

1 comment:

  1. Ah, yes... those two little words, "if only."

    And what if cats had guns? Would dogs be scared?

    What if the sky was green?

    If pigs could fly?

    If, if, if -

    If you only knew then what you know now, would you change anything?

    I would. I would have beaten Bill Gates to IBM. Or got in early with Apple or Google. Why limit myself?

    Only if...

    ReplyDelete