Wednesday, April 21, 2010

loves me like a rock

My head is a disaster. I have been repeatedly running myself into a rock, hoping that at one point the rock will reach out and hold me and tell me to stop doing it. Who am I kidding? It's a rock. I will keep running myself into it until I've learned my lesson. I've been running into it for 8 years. Book smart is not the same thing as common sense. Love sick is nothing if not ignorant. I am a fairy tale dreamer, and in my dream the rock eventually reaches out to love me.
Waking up.

Eventually this will all wear me down. I'm scared that one day I will lose my optimism. I don't want to become the woman who sees things realistically all the time. Much as it hurts, I would rather keep running into that damn rock, keep feeling the ups and downs, keep crying and screaming and smiling and hoping... I want to believe- always- that there is something worth believing in.

One day that rock will hold me. Love me. Please don't let me forget that.
The pain is starting to get dull. I'm starting to forget. I'm starting to give up.
But if you aren't going to run at that rock with full force, then why bother running at all?
So, rock, it is best for you to give in. I will keep running, and keep slamming into you, until I've worn out a cozy little hole for myself or broken you down in the process.
Get ready to love me.
L

2 comments:

  1. a rock will never be anything more than a rock. jump into some pillows. or... a grassy field.. i've never seen a happily ever after movie start or conclude with a rock. 134.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And the devil would call my name
    I'd say "now who do,
    Who do you think you're fooling?"


    You're no fool - just crazy in love. That's a hard place to be when the other half of the equation is crazy, too. Crazy to not appreciate or notice that he has what most men search for their entire lives.

    Personal experience - trust me.

    ReplyDelete